Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happiness

Something I strive to achieve. It is something I want, need, have.

We all have happiness, but it is not always around.

Just 'being' happy is simple enough to say, but when it comes to being in that realm, do i truly want to be happy, or do i want to create a fake happiness so that everyone around me can be happy ( i know it sounds stupid, i could actually be genuinely happy, and people would be happy that im happy). I mean i do get it, i do that alot, try to be happy for the sake of being happy for other people around me, so that they can tell im happy (even though some obviously know I'm not). In most cases i am fine being that way, im used to it, you could say.

I just want to be happy. Am i afraid of being happy? If something goes wrong and unhappiness ensues, am i just able to say well i wasn't happy in the first place, thus making me right all along, knowing that i couldn't be happy because unhappiness was coming!

I love my life and everything that surrounds me in and out of it. Its wonderful!

I know i can be happy, there are times when i have been so genuinely happy, i feel like i am glowing...so i know it is there, but why not all the time. What keeps me from being that way? i love being that way! what makes me feel that way?

I love the people i love, and i know they love me. Its amazing.

Im scared of it i think. Scared of being genuinely happy. Because if i were to be genuinely happy all the time, i get that some people may not like it (though i do not know this for certain), it may not suit them. And that would again make me unhappy, and make fake happiness come out to play.

I need to do it. Create happiness.

Happiness

Luke

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um Question, so are u Happy ? PS i really love the u tube video called YES WE'RE GAY BUT . . . Thats so true. take care sexi. Shane.

Amie.f.d said...

'You cant please everyone, so you might as well please yourself' be genuinely happy, you deserve it, and anyone who dosent like it (which is probably no-one), arent worth faking happiness for.
Good Luck.

ShannmanLives said...

There's an old saying that goes "If you're wondering whether or not it's time to leave the party, it's already time to leave". If you are asking yourself if you're happy, you're not. You're trying to convince yourself that you are.

Look hard at your life. Really look at it. If there are parts that aren't making you happy, change it or cut it out.

Don't lie to yourself, just because of what you want others to believe. Do what you need to do to be happy in your life. If those around you truly care, they will support you in whatever it is you have to do.