Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hello

Well, here I am.

I have been gone for some time... things have changed and are changing...the year so far has been a whirlwind 2 significant things that have happened in my life thus far is well as you may have noticed, Gerard and I have separated but we do both feel that one day we will get back together sometime in the future :-)

The other as of late is with the passing of my Grandmother at the age of 75 she passed away on the 21st June 2008. It was unexpected. Both Gerard and I travelled up to Brisbane for the Funeral, Gerard agreed to go with me when I asked and all I can say is that I was ever so happy that he was there, he kept me grounded and was there for me at every moment. Least to say now that the entire family relatives and friends know about my sexual orientation (as I was with Gerard most of the time holding his hand and hugging him) which i don't mind. I was pleased with everything in Brisbane, i had created the Program for the Funeral and put together a slide show of photos of Grandmother. Everyone liked it. I also got up at the funeral and read some things from the bible which i was fine with and i was also a pallbearer which was most difficult to do and the song she left to was Looking Forward and Looking Back by Slim Dusty.


So Yeah...

There has been some difficult times in the first 6 months of this year...so here I am, waiting for the Great in 08 to hit me on the bum and say hello...

Cheers

Luke

3 comments:

Amie.f.d said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope 2008 becomes less like a roller coaster for you. Glad to hear you have such good support.
Like the new blog!

Anonymous said...

Yay new blog... finally!
Hugs. Your grandma was very beautiful.

Danielle309 said...

Welcome back.
*Hugs*
-Dani